Who are XR Youth?
XR YOUTH IS GROWING, FAST!
we will be working on bringing as many young people into XR as possible in the build up to April 15th, to make sure our voice is heard and is truly representative
ALL SO THAT WHEN WE TAKE THE STREETS,
YOUNG PEOPLE AREN’T JUST ON THE STREETS, WE’RE OWNING THE STREETS!
OUR PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
This is what we believe in and what shapes our actions - you do not need to ask permission to join XR Youth, you simply need to understand and believe in these principles and values
1. WE RECOGNISE THE URGENT NEED FOR SOCIETAL CHANGE: creating a world that caters for the youth of today so that there can be those who come after us.
2. WE KNOW THAT OUR MISSIONS IS NECESSARY: we are uncompromising in our aims, and an understanding of the importance of success.
3. WE NEED A REGENERATIVE CULTURE: creating a culture which is healthy, resilient and adaptable.
4. WE OPENLY CHALLENGE OURSELVES AND THIS TOXIC SYSTEM: Leaving the comfort zone of being blissfully ignorant to take action for change.
5. WE VALUE REFLECTING AND LEARNING: following a cycle of action, reflection, learning, and planning for more action. learning from other movements and contacts was well as our own experiences.
6. WE WELCOME EVERYONE, AND EVERY PART OF EVERYONE: working actively to create more equal and safer spaces.
7. WE ACTIVELY CHALLENGE POWER: promoting a truly representative voice of young people in a world built for and biased towards adults.
8. WE AVOID BLAMING AND SHAMING: we all live in and have inherited a toxic system and no one is free of its bias and socialisation.
9. WE ARE A NON-VIOLENT NETWORK: using nonviolent civil disobedience strategy and tactics as the most effective way to bring about change.
10. WE ARE BASED ON SELF-ORGANISATION AND RESPONSIBILITY: things will only happen if we make them happen individually and as collective groups.
Extinction Rebellion is an international apolitical network using non-violent direct action to persuade governments to act on the Climate and Ecological Emergency.
We have three demands in the UK:
TELL THE TRUTH
Government must tell the truth by declaring a climate and ecological emergency, working with other institutions to communicate the urgency for change.
Government must act now to halt biodiversity loss and reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2025.
Government must create and be led by the decisions of a Citizens’ Assembly on climate and ecological justice.